Sew your own Fabric Gift Bags Dec 8, 2019
Replace your wrapping paper waste with reusable fabric gift bags!
In this workshop you will learn to make a basic drawstring bag from organic cotton fabric using a sewing machine. No previous experience is necessary, and we'll cover all the steps needed to create your bag, including measuring and cutting the fabric, pinning, sewing, pressing the seams, and inserting a drawstring to finish the bag.
Each participant will go home with at least one bag, and we'll have material on hand to sew additional bags if time allows.
This is an introductory level workshop appropriate for ages 13 and up. No previous sewing experience is required.
- Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019
- Time: 1pm-3:30pm
- Location: Sweet Paprika dye studio at Helios Makerspace (137 Rue Saint-Ferdinand, Montreal)
- Fee: $65 + ticket fee (includes all materials)
- This workshop is presented in collaboration with Helios Makerspace and registration is directly through Helios using Eventbrite.
- Class will run with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 students.