WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
If you join our mailing list, you’ll receive email newsletters and notices about our new products, classes and events. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We use the Seal Subscriptions app to manage our Yarn Club subscriptions, which allows us to automatically create recurring charges for Yarn Club members. Details about what information is shared with Seal Subscriptions and how it is used and stored are as follows:
- When a Yarn Club purchase is made we share the customer's name, email address, shipping address, and billing address. Seal Subscriptions requires this information to provide their services.
- For subscriptions with an active automatic charging functionality, Seal Subscriptions also collects the last four numbers of the payment card, expiration date of the payment card and the payment card type. Complete payment card details are never collected nor saved.
- When you browse our shop, Seal Subscriptions might collect your network information, such as IP address, time of the visit and other network information for the purpose of providing their service.
- The data collected by Seal Subscriptions is stored on secure servers, located in Toronto, Canada.
- Sensitive personal information is encrypted with AES algorithms and access to the data is restricted.
- If you cancel your subscription your data is automatically deleted by Seal Subscriptions 7 days after cancellation
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at email@example.com.