- Content: 100% Canadian wool
- Yardage: 110g (4 oz)/approx. 151m (165 yds)
- Weight: Bulky
- Ply: 3-ply
- Suggested Needle Size: US 8-10 (5-6mm)
- Gauge: 14-16 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Circle R Livestock in Ontario, Canada
- Spinning: Briggs and Little Mill in NB, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, Canada
Featured Pattern: Hanabi
This winter hat is quick-to-knit project, using one skein of bulky yarn. It's worked in a warm and dense honeycomb brioche pattern that's also stretchy enough to fit most head sizes. Hanabi means fireworks in Japanese, the inspiration for the multicoloured pom pom.
Circle R Livestock: A Family Farm
One of our big goals for Sweet Paprika this year was to source a new line of Canadian wool yarns. We started contacting farms and mills last January, researching options, connecting with farmers, and collecting samples. Eventually we settled on working with wool from Circle R Livestock, a family farm in southern Ontario operated by Romy and Ryan Schill and their children.