Yarn Club 2023: Beyond Merino - A Year of Adventures in Wool
Note: Our club for 2024 will be opening soon and current club members will be given priority if they wish to join for next year. If you’d like to join the waiting list, please send us a note via our Contact Form below and we’ll notify you if a spot opens up.
Are you curious about sheep and wool, but a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities out there? Maybe you've knit with merino yarn, or a little bit of BFL, but when it comes to Polwarth, Corriedale, Rambouillet, or Cormo you're just not sure where to start?
Join our year-long club to deepen your understanding of wool by exploring 6 different breed-specific yarns! You'll receive a new box of hand-dyed yarn every other month with all the info you'll need to understand what makes each wool special and to plan the perfect project to take advantage of its particular characteristics. Catherine from Small Bird Workshop will be guiding us through our wooly adventures, and we'll be meeting on Zoom to share our thoughts, impressions, and project planning for each box.
The pricing for the yarn club is as follows (all prices in CAD, not including tax):
- Bi-monthly subscription: $64.80 + shipping per box (automatically charged every two months)
- Full year, prepaid: $432, includes free shipping to Canada and US
- Single Box: $72 + shipping
If you'd like to receive all 6 boxes you can sign up for our bi-monthly subscription OR purchase the full year in advance. We also offer the option to purchase just one box to try it out.
Subscriptions will remain open year-round, as long as we still have spots available.
You'll be sent the next available shipment after the date you subscribe. You can find the subscription deadlines and shipping dates below.
Shipping charges are calculated at checkout for one-time purchases and bi-monthly subscriptions. Pre-paid subscriptions for the full year include free shipping to Canada and the US.
Please note: we cannot currently accept PayPal payments through our website for bi-monthly subscriptions or full year pre-paid plans. If you would like to purchase a membership and would prefer to pay via PayPal please contact us.
Looking for more information about how the subscription works or what's included? Check our Yarn Club Subscription FAQs or send us an email.
What's in the boxes?
Each bi-monthly shipment will include:
- 2 skeins of breed-specific wool yarn (one hand-dyed by Sweet Paprika and one natural colour)
- information about:
- the sheep breed and wool characteristics
- the yarn source (where the wool was grown and processed)
- the spinning process and yarn characteristics (ie woolen vs worsted)
- swatching and pattern ideas
- Zoom session (with Debbie and Elizabeth from Sweet Paprika and Catherine from Small Bird Workshop)
- Invitation to join our club-specific Facebook group and Ravelry discussion thread