Featured Pattern: Eventide Fingerless Gloves
These elegant fingerless gloves designed by Moira Engel feature Filigree in the Fog colourway.
Find Eventide Fingerless Gloves on Ravelry
- Content: 100% Canadian wool
- Yardage: 110g (4 oz)/approx. 393m (430 yds)
- Weight: Sport
- Ply: 1-ply
- Suggested Needle Size: US 1.5-4 (2.5-3.5mm)
- Gauge: 22-26 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Hand wash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Circle R Livestock in Ontario, Canada
- Spinning: Briggs and Little Mill in NB, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, Canada
Circle R Livestock: A Family Farm
One of our big goals for Sweet Paprika this year was to source a new line of Canadian wool yarns. We started contacting farms and mills last January, researching options, connecting with farmers, and collecting samples. Eventually we settled on working with wool from Circle R Livestock, a family farm in southern Ontario operated by Romy and Ryan Schill and their children.