Colour Naming Contest!
WE HAVE A WINNER!
The new name for this yarn is... Allspice! Congratulations to Linda, who suggested the name and will receive a skein of yarn as her prize, and to Grete, our randomly selected winner who will receive sock knitting pattern as her prize.
Thank you to everyone who entered, we had some really amazing name suggestions, it was hard to choose just one!
One of my favourite tasks to have our interns help out with in the studio the past two summers has been creating new colours for our yarn lines. Last year we got to play with dyeing a new base yarn, which eventually became Largo Organic. This year we wanted to focus on expanding the colour range for our Pizzicato sock yarn (a fingering-weight BFL/nylon blend).
We started by looking through the colours we already offered on the Pizzicato base, and checking to see where the gaps were. Annie suggested we really needed a true bright red, and maybe a brighter green as well. Here are the final results of her experiments, Heartbeat and Tree Frog.
Fabio on the other hand was inspired to try to achieve a deeper, richer tone, and created this gorgeous burgundy colour. He suggested we name it Palestra, after a type of dark wine his grandfather used to make.
I wasn't going to be left out of all the fun, and created one new colour myself as well. I wanted to make a darker fairly neutral colour that still had depth and interest.
Name this colour!
I really love how this turned out, deep brown with touches of red and blue undertones, but I need help naming it - so we've decided to have a contest!
How to Enter:
- Simply leave a comment on this post with your suggestion before midnight on Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
- Enter as many suggestions as you want, but please keep each suggestion in a separate comment.
- We'll pick 2 winners on Thursday, August 31 (one will be the person who suggests the winning name, and one will be randomly selected from all entries). Winners will be contacted by email.
- The person who suggests the winning name will receive 1 skein of Pizzicato sock yarn in the as-yet-unnamed colour.
- The randomly chosen winner will receive a PDF copy of 1 Sweet Paprika sock pattern of their choice.
Leave a comment
Also in News
Lately a lot of my crafting inspiration has come from my son, who is growing and needs things, and from my goal to live more gently on this earth and think twice before buying and using things.
My values of living frugally and buying ethically-produced clothing that is not damaging to the environment sometimes feel completely at odds with each other. For me, this is where mending, crafting, and buying second-hand come in. Can I mend something to extend its useful life? Can I knit or sew more of our everyday wardrobe basics? Is it something I can trade or buy second-hand rather than purchasing new?