Filigree - Sport
Filigree is a 1-ply sport weight yarn with generous yardage. This yarn is 100% Canadian, made with a dorset-base down type wool sourced from Ontario, spun in New Brunswick, and hand-dyed in our Montreal studio. Filigree has a beautifully “toothy” texture and comes in 24 rich and vibrant shades, making it a perfect choice for colourwork.
You can read more about the origins of this yarn on our blog.
Dyed to order skeins will ship within 3 weeks of order date.
Filigree is eligible for our tiered sweater quantity discounts. Use one of the following codes at checkout to receive your discount:
- SWEATER10 for 10% off 5 skeins or more
- SWEATER15 for 15% off 7 skeins or more
- SWEATER20 for 20% off 10 skeins or more
*Cannot be combined with another discount code, but free shipping to US and Canada on orders over $175 still applies
For more information on our sweater quantity discounts, dyed to order, and working with hand-dyed yarns, please see our FAQs page.
Featured Pattern: Eventide Fingerless Gloves
These elegant fingerless gloves designed by Moira Engel feature Filigree in the Fog colourway.
Find Eventide Fingerless Gloves on Ravelry
- Content: 100% Canadian wool
- Yardage: 110g (4 oz)/approx. 393m (430 yds)
- Weight: Sport
- Ply: 1-ply
- Suggested Needle Size: US 1.5-4 (2.5-3.5mm)
- Gauge: 22-26 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Hand wash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Circle R Livestock in Ontario, Canada
- Spinning: Briggs and Little Mill in NB, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, Canada
Circle R Livestock: A Family Farm
One of our big goals for Sweet Paprika this year was to source a new line of Canadian wool yarns. We started contacting farms and mills last January, researching options, connecting with farmers, and collecting samples. Eventually we settled on working with wool from Circle R Livestock, a family farm in southern Ontario operated by Romy and Ryan Schill and their children.