Sutton - Bulky
Sutton is a sturdy 3-ply bulky yarn with a rustic feel, perfect for quick-to-knit slippers and mittens or a warm jacket. Sutton is the big sister to Winfield and it’s also 100% Canadian yarn from sheep to spinning to dyeing. We’ve kept a few of our favourite Largo colourways and added some exciting new ones too!
You can read more about the origins of this yarn on our blog.
Dyed to order skeins will ship within 3 weeks of order date.
Sutton is eligible for our tiered sweater quantity discounts. Use one of the following codes at checkout to receive your discount:
- SWEATER10 for 10% off 5 skeins or more
- SWEATER15 for 15% off 7 skeins or more
- SWEATER20 for 20% off 10 skeins or more
*Cannot be combined with another discount code, but free shipping to US and Canada on orders over $175 still applies
For more information on our sweater quantity discounts, dyed to order, and working with hand-dyed yarns, please see our FAQs page.
- Content: 100% Canadian wool
- Yardage: 110g (4 oz)/approx. 151m (165 yds)
- Weight: Bulky
- Ply: 3-ply
- Suggested Needle Size: US 8-10 (5-6mm)
- Gauge: 14-16 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Circle R Livestock in Ontario, Canada
- Spinning: Briggs and Little Mill in NB, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, Canada
Featured Pattern: Hanabi
This winter hat is quick-to-knit project, using one skein of bulky yarn. It's worked in a warm and dense honeycomb brioche pattern that's also stretchy enough to fit most head sizes. Hanabi means fireworks in Japanese, the inspiration for the multicoloured pom pom.
Circle R Livestock: A Family Farm
One of our big goals for Sweet Paprika this year was to source a new line of Canadian wool yarns. We started contacting farms and mills last January, researching options, connecting with farmers, and collecting samples. Eventually we settled on working with wool from Circle R Livestock, a family farm in southern Ontario operated by Romy and Ryan Schill and their children.