Elora is a completely Canadian locally-sourced yarn. The Norbouillet (Rambouillet-cross) fleeces were purchased from Pine Hollow Farm in Ontario, sent to Wellington Fibres (a small mill) for spinning, before coming to us to be dyed in our Montreal studio. You can read more about the story of this yarn on our blog.
This fingering-weight wool is very fine, and is just as soft as our imported Merino. Our mini-skeins come in sets of 5 carefully chosen hand-dyed colours, perfect for colourwork or gradient patterns.
- Content: 100% Norbouillet wool
- Yardage: 375m (410 yds)/approx. 125g (4½ oz) per set (25g/82 yds per skein)
- Weight: Fingering weight
- Suggested Needle Size: US 0-2½ (2-3mm)
- Gauge: 28-36 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Pine Hollow Farm in Norwood, ON, Canada
- Spinning: Wellington Fibres in Elora, ON, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, QC, Canada
Featured Pattern: Portraiture Mitts
Designed specifically for Elora, the Portraiture Mitts pattern features corrugated ribbing, Fair-Isle patterns and simple shaping for the thumb gore. Little variations to the colourwork motifs keep the pattern fun to knit. Shown in the Lantern Hill colourway.