This fingering-weight wool is very fine, and is just as soft as our imported merino.
Elora is a completely Canadian locally-sourced yarn. The Norbouillet (Rambouillet-cross) fleeces are purchased from Pine Hollow Farm in Ontario and sent to Wellington Fibres (a small mill) for spinning, before coming to us to be dyed in our Montreal studio. You can read more about the story of this yarn on our blog.
For more information on working with hand-dyed yarns, please see our FAQs page.
- Content: 100% Norbouillet wool
- Yardage: 100g (3½ oz)/approx. 300m (328 yds)
- Weight: Fingering weight
- Suggested Needle Size: US 0-2½ (2-3mm)
- Gauge: 28-36 sts = 4" (10cm)
- Care: Handwash in cool water
- Source of Fibre: Pine Hollow Farm in Norwood, ON, Canada
- Spinning: Wellington Fibres in Elora, ON, Canada
- Hand-dyeing: Sweet Paprika in Montreal, QC, Canada
Featured Kit: Diametro Wrap
We've put together some suggested kits for the Diametro Wrap pattern, designed by Caroline Dick specifically for Elora. Shown here in the Spice Island colourway with Sand Castle as the main colour.