In this workshop we will explore colour and fibre by dyeing small samples to each create our own "Dyer's Notebook". We'll discover the differences created by using the same dye on different fibre types (including non-superwash vs superwash and unspun fibre vs yarn), and experiment with colour mixing in a controlled way. We'll also discuss accurate measuring techniques and good note-taking practices. This is a great workshop for anyone who has dabbled in dyeing and wants to learn how to create more precise results or deepen their understanding of colour theory.
This workshop is intended for participants with some experience dyeing, and builds on the skills introduced in our Intro to Yarn Dyeing workshop.
- Date: Saturday May 4, 2019
- Time: 1pm-5pm
- Location: Sweet Paprika dye studio at Helios Makerspace (137 Rue Saint-Ferdinand, Montreal)
- Fee: $95 + ticket fee (includes all materials)
- This workshop is presented in collaboration with Helios Makerspace and registration is directly through Helios using Eventbrite.
- Class will run with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 students.